The 40th ACRES Annual Conference will be a live virtual event.
Synchronous sessions will be held March 18 - 19, 2021.
Please join us Live online! Frequent, short sessions will allow time to interact with presenters.
Download the revised conference program to find a schedule of presentations, business meetings, and social events with new room location information.
We welcome your participation! Download the Conference Presentation Schedule to plan your attendance. .
- Attendance is FREE for all students and PreK-12 teachers!
- For all other attendees, including presenters, please consider
making a tax deductible donation of at least $25. A registration fee of
$100 will include a 1-year annual membership and a $25 tax-free
- We strongly encourage all attendees to become an ACRES member or
renew your membership! Click the Membership link above for more
- All presenters and attendees must register for the conference to receive a link to the virtual sessions.
The Call for Proposals is now closed.
The theme for the 2021 Conference is Re-imagining Rural Special Education: Access and Engagement
- Download the Call for Proposals or click on the sidebar to find the complete instructions about how to prepare your proposal, the selection process, and helpful tips.
- When you are ready to submit your proposal, click the link here or in the sidebar.
- Download the Conference Flyer and share widely with interested colleagues and students!
Questions about the annual conference may be directed to:
Recent Annual Conferences
March 7-9, 2020 in San Antonio, Texas
March 7-9, 2019 in Alexandria, Virginia
March 14-17, 2018 in Salt Lake City, Utah
March 8-11, 2017 in Asheville, North Carolina
March 9-12, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada
March 17-21, 2015 in New Orleans, Louisiana
March 19-22, 2014 in Tucson, Arizona
March 17-6-9, 2013 in Orlando, Florida
March 24-26, 2011 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
March 25-27, 2010 in Memphis, Tennessee
March 12-14, 2009 in Denver, Colorado
Future Conference Locations:
2022: Myrtle Beach, NC
2023: Pittsburgh, PA