Annual ACRES Conference
Submit Conference Proceedings
Presenters at the Annual National Conference of the American Council on Rural SpecialEducation (ACRES) are encouraged to submit a paper to be published in the ACRESConference Proceedings. To comply with copyright laws, ACRES will NOT publish anypaper that has been published previously in the ACRES Conference Proceedings orany other outlet or has or will be submitted in a substantially equivalent form to RuralSpecial Education Quarterly or any other journal.
NOTE: ALL proceedings paper authors must REGISTER AND PAY by the pre-registration date or their names will be dropped from the paper.
Directions for Preparing the Proceedings Paper
Prepare your paper in Microsoft Word according to the following instructions:
- Put author names, addresses, institutions, cities, and states in upper right-hand
corner of the first page of the text. Authors who have not registered and paid
for the conference can NOT be included on the proceedings paper.
- Use all upper case characters for your centered title, single-space the entire
document, using double space between paragraphs with 1” margins.
- Use the same title and authorship as stated on your original proposal.
- Submit your file saved in Microsoft Word to send as an email attachment.
- Do NOT use headers or footers, running heads, or page numbers.
- If you have granted the publication rights of your paper to another journal,
submit appropriate reference on one page in substitution for the text OR send
the publication release granting permission for ACRES to print your paper.
- Use CURRENT edition of APA Style Manual as standard format forheadings/subheadings,
citations and references, etc.
- Be sure to LIMIT the paper to eight (8) single-spaced pages.
For samples of previous years’ proceedings documents and formatting of proceedings papers, see the Past Conference Materials page.
Directions for Submitting the Proceedings Paper
Send an electronic copy of the completed paper directly to the Conference Proceedings Editor, with the words " ACRES Proceedings" in the subject line, no later than February 1.
For questions about preparing or submitting the proceedings paper, contact the Conference Proceedings Editor: Dr. Carla Brigandi at Carla.Brigandi@mail.wvu.edu or 304-293-4377.