The Undergraduate Teacher Education program within the School of Education at St. Bonaventure University invites applications for a new tenure-track position as Special Education instructor at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor position beginning Spring 2023. The School of Education has a long-standing history of providing educators with a strong preparation for the teaching field through scaffolded field experiences, a focus on differentiated instruction, and a firm foundation in social justice. The selected candidate will teach special education course work that is required in the childhood education major. The candidate may also teach courses in the adolescence education undergraduate and graduate programs and graduate program in Inclusive Special Education. They may also be eligible to teach in the graduate programs in Literacy or Educational Leadership. They will advise undergraduate students, contribute to curriculum and program development, participate in school-wide assessment and accreditation efforts, and provide service and outreach to the School of Education, University, and external community stakeholders, including schools and districts. Active involvement in state, regional, and/or national professional associations will also be strongly encouraged.
- Possess a doctoral degree in special education or a closely related field. A candidate who is ABD may be considered and, if selected, would need to complete all doctoral requirements, including the degree, within two years of employment.
- Have at least 5 years P-12 special education teaching experience with diverse learners (i.e., ESL, low SES, race/ethnicity, culture and language, etc.) in urban and/or rural environments;
- Current Special Education teacher certification, with additional certifications in Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Education, and/or Literacy preferred;
- Knowledge and experience with field-based teacher preparation programs
- Computer literacy and familiarity with technological trends and best practices in schools;
- Clear evidence of an active research agenda and scholarship or strong potential for research activity and publication; and
- Previous or current experience with higher education teaching and curriculum development.
Please apply at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbuedu/